×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 4663

The Campbellton Battery commonly called Fort Campbellton (This site is not a Fort)

It was one of many batteries erected around the island, manned by the local Militia and trusted slaves, to protect shipping in the various bays where sugar was loaded. This battery of two guns was erected in 1777 along with others as American privateers were raiding the British islands during the American War of Independence.

Top