Gun Bridge, Bacolet Street

Originally built to accommodate one vehicle at a time, it was widened in the 1950's by the Works Division. Four cannons were removed from Fort King George and placed at two ends of the bridge- two north, two south. Embedded in the stone and concrete sides are the barrel of the 19th century Brown Bees muskets which serves as a decorative guard rails.

Top